How to Delete a Motoblur Account (Atrix)
I recently got a phone with Motoblur on it. I love the phone, but have had problems with Motoblur right from the get go. Here’s what happened..
I turn on my newly purchased phone and register for Motoblur. I then begin to add my facebook account. I see my facebook friends now being imported into my contacts list. All of a sudden, the process halts. I chill for a few hours and inspect my contacts list again — no luck, the import only half worked. So, I decide just to delete my facebook entry in Motoblur and start over.
No such luck. I go Menu -> Social Networking and see Facebook listed under “Motoblur Accounts”. It has a green checkmark. I go to my contacts (blue button)->menu->manage accounts and DON’T see facebook listed there. I go back to the Social Networking app and try to add or adjust my facebook account settings but all it tells me is that you can only register one facebook account with Motoblur. Great So now, a part of Motoblur thinks facebook is installed and a part of it doesn’t.
I think that by doing a soft reset of the phone that the problem will go away. Nope. I do a hard reset. Nope. I clear the internal phone memory and then do said resets. Still no. I then do the remote wipe from the Motoblur website and STILL, no luck. FYI, the remote wipe does not wipe the internal phone storage and thus, any music files, etc you store on the phone that are accessibly through the “Files” button are still available for prying eyes — quite the misadvertisement in my opinion.
So, I eventually conclude that the only way to fix this problem is to delete my Motoblur account and start over from scratch. The short story is that this worked and now Motoblur is working smoothly. Here’s how I deleted my Motoblur account (after several experiements).
- Call AT&T customer service and tell them that you want your Motoblur account deleted and that they need to call Motorola, in a 3-way call (yes, I did this and it worked), to verify your identity.
- Tell the ATT operator to call 800 734 5870.
- Once on the 3-way call, politely ask the Motorola agent that you want your Motoblur account deleted and that you have an agent from ATT on the line to verify your identity.
- Ask when you expect the account to be inactive.
- Politely thank both agents.
- Hang up.
That’s it. Well, kind of…
I was told that my account would be deleted within 24 hours yet over 30 hours later, I could still login to Motoblur via the web. I called around a few times to get this fixed and finally arrived at this solution:
- Call Motorola 800 734 5870
- Ask for “Level 2″ support and tell them you have an Atrix.
- Tell them your account was not deleted and that you want it deleted immediately. Tell them you already had your identity verified by ATT with Motorola (there should be a log of this on Motorola’s side).
I did a soft reset (factory reset) and then resubscribed to Motoblur and this fixed all my issues. Facebook and Google now live in harmony in my contacts list on my Atrix.
Hopefully Motorola fixes this buggy Motoblur software soon.