I recently upgraded my machine learning toolchain to keras and thought it would be a good time to revisit the ongoing theano + Python 3.4 + Windows 7 saga. I found a simple set of instructions here which I tweaked a bit to get to work with my setup. Here are the full instructions:
- Install python 64bit
- Install precompiled whl from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs
- Numpy+MKL library
- Get GCC from http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/ (I usually have issues with GCC in Windows, however, this distribution works great out of the box believe it or not)
- Install theano via pip and http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs
- At this point, when I tried to import theano into python 3.4, I would get linking errors. I then installed libpython from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs and that resolved the issue.
- At the python shell, type import theano, it should work
- Configure your .theanorc.txt and you should be good to go.